Le Rouge, Gouache Painting Textile Design, Original 1904
Constructed by a series of lines, the colors within this original 20th century hand painted gouache pattern once served as a textile design guide. Weavers would follow the artist's colored framework to translate this pattern into a woven fabric. Among the grid and repeat motif design, you'll notice handwritten dates and notes in French about weave styles, dye colors and even client requests. Flip to the backside for more penciled notes dating back to early 20th century.
- Exclusively for Adamo1987
- Custom Glass and Wood Frame with 2" Cotton Fabric Matting
- Backside framing to showcase original notes, 1904.
- Antique Painting: 28.75" L, 21" W
- With Frame: 23"L, 15.75" W